Moon by Simaudio 600i Integrated Amplifier V2
Visit Manufacturer's Site
The MOON 600i V2 redefines the capabilities of an Integrated Amplifier. A fully balanced differential, dual-mono design, it produces the most potent 125 watts/ch. @ 8 ohms you will ever experience.
The MOON 600i Integrated Amplifier is designed to continue where the award winning MOON i-7 left off. Intended to meet the needs of the most demanding music connoisseurs, it is fully differential dual-mono design, rated at 125 watts/channel into 8 ohms, offering authority, finesse and superb control. Using a variety of new technologies developed since the introduction of the Evolution Series, the MOON 600i provides more sonic transparency and accuracy than ever before.
New technologies include (i) the M-eVOL2 volume control, with a phenomenal 530 steps, allowing for an extremely precise level adjustment just like the MOON P-8 Preamplifier; (ii) New MOON output transistors, specifically designed for use in our amplifiers, provide tighter and more visceral bass performance, as well as unprecedented linearity thoughout the entire frequency spectrum; (iii) An input stage circuit which reduces noise, preserving image focus and integrity like never before. Although rated at “only” 125W per channel, the 600i embodies both authority and finesse at all levels that suggests a much more powerful amplifier, just like all MOON products before it.
Rock-solid reliability, extreme flexibilty and a luxurious lifestyle
Of course, key features you’d expect in a MOON Evolution Series products are present such as our revolutionary Lynx amplification circuitry, SimLink and M-Lock, just to name a few, as well as both RS-232 and IR ports for custom-install environments. Finally, a plethora of user selectable cosmetic options are available at the time of purchase.
Significant Design Features:
· RS-232 port for (i) full unsolicited bidirectional feedback and (ii) firmware updates
· IR input for external control
· Lynx circuitry which is a "no overall feedback" design resulting in genuine real-time
amplification, a more accurate musical reproduction with respect to tonality, virtually
non-existent intermodulation distortion and the elimination of common phase errors
resulting from feedback
· Custom proprietary toroidal transformer design with lower magnetic, electrical and
thermal loss, yielding an improved power transfer and lower regulation factor. The
result is increased current speed and better dynamics
· An oversized dual-mono power supply
· SimLink controller port allows for 2-way communications between other compatible
MOON Evolution Series components
· M-eVOL2 volume control circuit using MDAC’s (operating in a current steering R-2R
configuration) which alter the audiio signal’s amplitude yielding no sonic degradation
of the signal, regardless of the selected volume setting
· Proprietary MOON Bi-Polar output transistors with unprecedented signal linearity
and ultra-low noise characteristics
· M-Lock for “user selectable” maximum volume setting lock-out for each line input
· “Gain offset” for each individual line input with a ±10dB range
· Each line input is fully configurable to be “home-theater ready”, where the gain
section of the 600i is bypassed
· 530 individual volume steps in 1dB and 0.1dB increments
· An exceptionally short signal path , yielding a much faster transient response
· 12 Volt trigger output for remote operation
· "Class A" output to 5 watts for greater efficiency
· Four-layer PCB tracings; Layers 1 and 3 for the audio signals, layer 2 for the ground
plane and the bottom layer for power supplies. The advantages include better
ground and power supply circuit layouts resulting in a much shorter signal path
and dramatically improved signal-to-noise ratio
· Ultra rigid chassis construction to minimize the effects of external vibrations
· Accurate matching of the very finest quality electronic components in a symmetrical
· Improved reliabilty through the elimination of moving parts
· Low operating temperature for a longer than normal life expectancy.
Our “no overall feedback” amplifier circuit design for more accurate musical reproduction.
An oversized dual-mono power supply.
“Class A” power output to 5 watts for greater efficiency.
Gain offset adjustment of ±10dB for each line input.
Each line input is fully configurable to be “home theater ready”, whereby the 600i’s volume control is bypassed.
Output Power at 8Ω
125 W per channel
Output Power at 4Ω
250 W per channel
490mV - 6.0V RMS
Inputs (RCA / XLR)
4 pairs / 1 pair
Frequency response (full range)
10Hz - 100kHz +0/-0.1dB
Crosstalk @ 1kHz
THD (20Hz - 20kHz @ 1 W)
THD (20Hz - 20kHz @ 125 W)
48 lb / 21 kg
Dimensions (width x height x depth)
18.75 x 4.0 x 18.1 in
47,6 x 10,2 x 46,0 cm